Home » , , , » Indian Inspired, Vintage and New Handcrafted Jewelry

Indian Inspired, Vintage and New Handcrafted Jewelry




It was a short while ago I came Meenoo twitter, one look at her goods on Esty and i was in love. It reminds me a little of the really expensive jewellery sets that have been handed down to my mother, from nani, they a real old age charm about, but are locked away, far to delicate to wear everyday.
Meenoo Mishra aka Minou Bazaar hails from Virginia, United States, were she designs and make all the jewellery for her Etsy store – {Minou Bazaar} she lives with her husband and cats. Here she talks about her art plus what inspires her..
“I make Indian-inspired jewelry. As I say on my site, you will find Indian-style jewelry as well as jewelry for global nomads, romantic old souls, and elephant and peacock enthusiasts at Minou Bazaar! The jewelry I make is the kind I like to wear myself. I realized that while I love Indian jewelry, it can be rather ornate to wear everyday. So I set about creating fusion jewelry, with the best of Indian and American design.
I love vintage and old jewelry so I almost always have vintage beads or components in my designs. I am inspired by color, nature, and history but I always incorporate Indian patterns, colors, motifs, or symbols in my jewelry. Indian jewelry is also influenced by Persian and Arabic design so I look to that beautiful world for inspiration as well. Sometimes I go traditional but mostly I like to make jewelry that is reminiscent of Indian and South Asian design.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

languages

 
Support : Copyright © 2014. lets in kit up